This department specializes in urgent and elective thoracic and abdominal surgery, as well as hernia reconstructions using polypropylene mesh, coloproctology, gastric and minimally invasive surgery, and endovideosurgery.Operations performed in the department include:
- ultrasound-guided pleural punctures, puncture drainage of liquid-containing abdominal masses, liver, pancreatic cysts,
- ultrasound-guided liver biopsy,
- ultrasound-guided neoplasms biopsies, laparoscopic appendectomies, laparoscopic adhesiolysis, diagnostic laparoscopies,
- laparoscopic chelecystectomy and operations on bile ducts with a mini-laparoscopic approach (when a regular laparoscopic approach is not indicated),
- ERCP, endoscopic hemostasis, biopsies,
- endoscopic polypectomy of the stomach, duodenum and colon.
The coloproctology specialist also provides patient consultations in the department. The department provides colon examinations for colon cancer screening and conservative treatment for the following diseases:
- acute and chronic hemorrhoids,
- acute and chronic anal fissure, Crohn’s disease,
- nonspecific ulcerative colitis,
- duodenal diverticulitis, functioning colonic stoma and intestinal fistulas.
Various surgical operations are performed in Surgery Department №6, including:
- hemorrhoidectomy, anal fissure resection, hypertrophied anal papillae removal, excision of epithelial coccygeal duct,
- surgical treatment of acute and chronic paraproctitis,
- rectocele repair, perianal condyloma excision,
- removal of papillomas, lipomas and other benign neoplasms of perineal and anal regions,
- rectal foreign object removal,
- colostomy closure and intestinal fistula repair.
The department is a part of the City Center for Herniology. Our surgeons use modern methods of non-tension plastic surgery (using domestic and imported polypropylene mesh) to repair abdominal wall hernias, internal hernias and hernias in other rare locations.
The department is the city’s treatment center for gastrointestinal bleeding, providing qualified medical help for patients from all city districts. For a long time, the department has served as a clinical base for the Surgery Department of Samara State Medical University.